Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cooking and What's On My Kindle

It's been a hot minute since my last post but Im back and ready to blog! First, I have a confession to make. I am probably one of the world's worst cooks. You know it's awful when you don't even trust to eat your own cooking. If it comes in a box with instructions and can be microwaved Im good. Im not kidding when I say all through college I pretty much lived off of chicken nuggets and cheese-its. However, knowing that I am going to be moving out on my own again for school, I would like this time to be different so thanks to my family I'm learning how to cook!

I really surprised myself with tonight's attempt at lemon pepper tilapia, potato cakes and mixed veggies so I had to share my accomplishment!


If anyone has any suggestions on recipes I should try or tips in general they would be greatly appreciated!


Now, I thought that I would start doing a blog post every few weeks or so called "What's on My Kindle". I've always loved reading, but never really had the time for it. That's all changed since I got my kindle about a year ago. It almost seems like I read too much! I love the fact that you can download a book in less than 60 seconds and the selection the kindle store offers is huge. So here it goes:

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

This is probably one of my all time favorite books. Im reading it right now for the second time and I still love it as much the first time around. It's such a quirky story! This is actually being made into a film starring Emma Watson, Paul Rudd, and Kate Walsh!

Cook Yourself Thin Faster
Naturally, I'm scoping out new dishes to try and maybe cut a few corners calorie wise in the process. The recipes seem pretty simple, and I can't wait to try a few out!


Im always on the hunt for a good read so if any of you have suggestions on books that you think I should check out I would love to hear from you!


Happy Tuesday!
Ashley


No comments: